[clean-list] newbie questions

Thomas van Noort thomas at cs.ru.nl
Mon Mar 31 14:15:14 MEST 2008

Hello,

I apologize for replying a bit late.

HP Wei wrote:
 > (1) how do I call a system command and
 >     get the result and the return code ?
 >
 >     e.g.
 >     I want to invoke another script written in
 >     other languages from within Clean-code.

Unfortunately, there is no library available in Clean for executing
system commands. You can use ccalls (see the file
Help\CallingCFromClean.html in your Clean distribution for instructions)
to call a self-defined C function which executes a system command for you.

 > (2) is there a lib for string matching by regular expression?

There is no library available for matching a String value to a regular
expression. You can of course use an appropriate C library in
combination with ccalls.

 > I apologize in advance if the above two questions have
 > answers in the document.
 > I tried to search for them without success.

No problem, you are free to ask any questions about Clean.