[clean-list] Re: clean on linux: Floating point exception

Edsko de Vries devriese at cs.tcd.ie
Fri Jun 1 09:13:02 MEST 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 06:28:35PM -0700, Adam Megacz wrote:

> How do you build the source packages?  I downloaded and unpacked it,
> but there was neither a Makefile nor a README.
>
> Also, don't you need an already-working clean compiler to bootstrap
> the build?

Don't use the sources package (which is indeed rather difficult to
build), but the boot distribution
(http://clean.cs.ru.nl/download/Clean22/linux/Clean2.2_boot.tar.gz). I
had the same problem as you with the binary distribution (floating point
exception), but building the boot distribution (which is easy enough)
solved it.

Edsko