[clean-list] How to compile Sparkle / How to compile big projects?

John van Groningen johnvg@cs.kun.nl
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:42:28 +0200

Peter Divianszky wrote:

>I would like to compile the sparkle source from the
>Clean homepage but it seems too big to link (I think the linker is
>which aborts with 'Heap full' during the compilation).
>What is the easiest way to compile Sparkle?

You can increase the size of the heap of the linker to 32 mb by adding:
 : -h 32m
after the file name of the static linker in the environment dialog
of the IDE.

You can also increase the heap size of the compiler, by adding : -h 32m
after the file name of the compiler. It usually compiles sparkle faster
with a larger heap.

Regards,

John van Groningen