[ANN] Clean 1.3.3 released for Windows and MacOS

Monique Wittebrood & Marco Kesseler m.wittebrood@mailbox.kun.nl
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 19:52:15 +0200

>Clean 1.3.3 is now available for Windows and MacOS (with PowerPC).
>
>The new features of Clean 1.3.3 are:
>- the new CleanIDE 2.0 is included (Windows).
>- bug fixes.
>- the memory profiler has been ported to Windows.
>- the time profiler can also show profiles by module (instead of by
>function).
>- the profilers can now show the module in which functions are defined.
>- it is no longer possible to develop Clean programs on a Macintosh with a
>680x0 processor, but it is still possible to compile programs for a 680x0
>on a PowerMacintosh (by cross-compiling).

I know the days of my 680x0 PowerBook are numbered. Nonetheless I must say
that I am a bit disappointed that support for it has been dropped without a
clear notice in what  seems to be a minor update (certainly minor if you
are a Macintosh user).

And, as it remains possible to generate 680x0 programs on a PowerMac, I am
wondering what is so costly about porting the corresponding sources to
680x0?

Other than that, I am a happy Clean user.

>Clean 1.3.3 for Linux (including the new ExtendedArith library) will be
>released in one month (plus the time that has to
>be added as it is usual with release date statements)

Ahum, I guess I will not put that date in my agenda...

cheers,
Marco