linux linker

John van Groningen johnvg@cs.kun.nl
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 15:45:06 +0200

>having used Clean for years on my mac, I thought to give it a
>try on a linux box.
>
>Unfortunately I get several linking errors of the sort:
>_startup.o(...): undefined reference to `_xstat=B4
>
>any idea, what I did wrong?

The file functions of Clean use the 'stat' function of the system. The C=
 compiler replaces this function call by a call to the function with label=
 '__xstat'. This label should be defined in the C library (libc) on your sys=
tem.

The label '__xstat' is imported by _startup.o, the label '_xstat' is not.

You are probably linking with an older libc that does not have a definition=
 of xstat. You need libc 6/glibc 2 for the latest version of Clean for linux=
.

Regards,

John van Gronigen