Clean on Mac OS X (Server)?

Michael Schuerig schuerig@acm.org
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 19:03:08 +0200

At 6:24 Uhr +0200 27.08.1998, you wrote:
> Mike - I was thinking I'd been unsubscribed too.  As far as I know,
> the Mac OS X (Server) will include a 'blue box' system component that
>will
> allow full backwards compatibility, but I haven't been following the
>gossip
> closely, so if someone knows better, please correct me.

Yes, that's entirely true. Unfortunately it's boring, too. The current
Blue Box takes over the whole screen and I only expect it to change in
Mac OS X (Q3/1999), if at all. Of course, Clean could be ported to
"Carbon", an API that's a 98% subset of the current Mac OS API. It
probably would not be complicated. A lot more interesting would be a
port from the current Linux version to Mac OS X proper. It would
probably be some more work, but had the advantage to use the solid BSD
underpinnings of Mac OS X.

Michael